Use a code sent by SMS
You can use a 6 digit code sent to you by SMS as your second sign in option for myGov.
If you want to use this option, you need to add your mobile number to your myGov account.
Turn on Get a code by SMS option:
Follow these steps to turn on Get a code by SMS:
- Sign in to your myGov account.
- From the My account drop down menu, select Account settings.
- From Sign in settings go to Sign in options and select Edit.
- Enter your password, then select Next.
- Use the toggle to switch the option Get a code by SMS to On, then select Continue. The mobile number registered to your myGov account will display. Make sure it’s correct, then select Send code. Select I want my SMS codes sent to a different mobile number if you want to update your mobile number.
- We’ll send a 6 digit code to your mobile number. Enter the code, then select Confirm.
You’ll be taken back to the Sign in options page. Get a code by SMS will now be turned on.
If you get a new mobile number
If you sign in to myGov using your new phone number, the SMS code will be sent to your old phone number.
Make sure you have access to the phone number registered to your myGov account to get the SMS code. This means you can sign in and update your account with your new number.
If you don’t have access to your old number to sign in, you can sign in to myGov using Digital Identity or create a new myGov account.
Update or add your mobile number
To add or update your mobile phone number, go to Account settings, then Contact Details and Add or Edit your mobile number.
myGov sign in help
If you can’t sign in to your myGov account, you can find troubleshooting tips on sign in help.