You’ll need your Medicare card number to link Medicare to your myGov account. Find out how to get a Medicare card and enrol in Medicare on the Services Australia website.
Before you link Medicare to your myGov account
To link Medicare to your myGov account, you’ll need to answer some questions about your last visit to the doctor.
Get the information you need to answer these questions:
- date of your visit
- location of the medical practice
- name of your doctor.
This information will help us link the right Medicare record.
How to link Medicare to your myGov account
Follow these steps to link Medicare to myGov:
- Sign in to myGov.
- Select View and link services.
- Select Link on the Medicare tile.
- If your details are already recorded in myGov, they need to match your Medicare record. Select Continue. If you’re linking the Australian Taxation Office, Centrelink or Medicare for the first time you’ll need to agree to myGov storing your personal details. Select I agree.
- You can link Medicare using your Medicare card details or a linking code. Select the best option for you, then select Next.
- Enter your Medicare card number and personal details or your linking code. Select Next.
What you can do when you link
When you link Medicare to your myGov account you can:
- make a claim
- get a Medicare card
- add or remove someone from your Medicare card
- update your personal details
- view your claim history and statements.