Sign in to myGov
Find out the different ways to sign in to myGov.
You can sign in to myGov by using either:
- your myGov sign in details
- your Digital Identity.
Use your myGov sign in details
You’ll set up a username, password and a second sign in option when you create a myGov account.
Your second sign in option is an extra layer of security to help to keep your myGov account safe.
Follow these steps to sign in:
1. Enter your username and password.
Your username may be any of these:
- the email address you used to create your myGov account
- your 8 digit myGov username, emailed to you when you created your account
- your mobile phone number, if you have it set up as a username.
2. Enter your second sign in option.
Your second sign in option will be one of these:
- an SMS code
- a code from the myGov Code Generator
- secret questions and answers.
You can change your second sign in option.
Use your Digital Identity
- set up your Digital Identity
- achieve a standard identity strength
- connect your Digital Identity to your myGov account.
Find out how to set up and connect your Digital Identity.
Once you set up and connect your Digital Identity to your myGov account, you can use it to sign in.
The next time you sign in to myGov, select Continue with Digital Identity.