Concessions for older Australians

Information about Pensioner Concession Card and other discounts you may be eligible for.

Pensioner Concession Card

You can get a Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) if you get certain payments from Services Australia. It can help with the cost of health care, medicines and some other costs. You don’t need to apply for a card, it will be posted to you if you get an eligible payment.

You can find out more about who can get a card and the benefits of the card on the Services Australia website.

Commonwealth Seniors Health Card

If you’ve reached Age Pension age and you’re not eligible for a PCC, you may be able to get a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (CSHC). The CSHC can help with the cost of health care and medicines, and give you access to other discounts.

You can find out who can get a CSHC and how to claim on the Services Australia website.

Veteran healthcare cards

If you’re an Australian veteran you may be eligible for a Veteran healthcare card. Depending on the type of card you’re eligible for, you may be able to get help with the costs of health care, medicine, transport and utility bills. The type of card you can get will depend on your situation.

Find out more about Veteran healthcare cards on the Department of Veterans’ Affairs website.

Seniors card

A Seniors Card gives you access to discounts and benefits on a range of goods and services in your state or territory. You can apply for one if you:

  • are 60 years or over
  • work less than 20 paid hours per week
  • are a permanent resident of Australia residing in the state or territory you want to apply for.

Find out how to apply in your state or territory. These links will take you away from myGov.

State or territory Resource
ACT ACT Seniors Card
NSW Apply for a NSW Seniors Card or NSW Senior Savers Card
NT Apply for Card
Qld Applying for a Seniors Card
SA Apply for a Seniors Card online
Tas Seniors Card
Vic Apply for a card
WA Apply for a WA Seniors Card

Page last updated: 23 April 2024