Planning your retirement
There are no rules about when to retire, but there are things you should think about before you make your decision. Before you retire you should consider:
- What kind of lifestyle you want to have.
- How much money you need.
- When you can access your super.
- What government support you can get.
- Where you want to live.
- Easing into retirement by reducing your work hours.
- Other ways to earn income when you’ve retired.
- The timing of your retirement in relation to your personal circumstances.
- How you will fill your time.
- A realistic retirement age.
When you make a retirement plan, thinking about these things will help limit any surprises when you retire.