Payments you may get

You may be able to get financial support from Services Australia while you’re looking for work.

Payments from Services Australia

Find out about what payments you may be able to get from Services Australia.

Meeting obligations

If you get a Services Australia payment to help you while you look for work, there are things you need to do to keep getting the payment.

Find out more about meeting obligations on the Services Australia website.

Declaring government payments

You need to declare most government payments in your tax return if you need to lodge. This includes tax-free government payments you receive. The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) uses this information to work out if you are eligible for any government benefits or concessions and tax offsets.

Find out more about declaring government payments and allowances on the ATO website.

If you don’t need to lodge a tax return, you may need to let the ATO know by submitting a non-lodgement advice. Find out more about a non-lodgement advice on the ATO website.

Page last updated: 20 February 2024