Manage bills

If you’re struggling to pay your bills and other utilities, there is help available.

Paying your bills

If you’re having trouble paying your bills, you can get in touch with the service providers for your utilities like electricity, gas, water, and your internet and phone. They may be able to give payment extensions or have other options.

Moneysmart has helpful information about problems paying bills and fines and keeping up with regular payments.

You may also be eligible for a reduced electricity bill as part of the Energy Bill Relief Fund.

Find out more about the Energy Bill Relief Fund on the website.

No Interest Loans

You may be able to get a No Interest Loan (NIL) from Good Shepherd to help you with costs.

NILs let you borrow money for essential goods and services, like education expenses or white goods or car repairs. You pay no interest and you only repay what you borrow.

Find out more about No Interest Loans on the Good Shepherd website.

Concessions and discounts in your state or territory

Your state or territory government may offer help to reduce your cost of living. The links on this page will take you away from myGov.

Page last updated: 26 March 2024