myGov user audit
The Minister for Government Services, the Hon Bill Shorten MP, announced an independent user audit of myGov in September 2022.
A panel of independent experts looked at how well myGov is performing for Australians when it comes to reliability, functionality and delivering a user-friendly experience. The user audit will help inform future improvements to myGov.
A summary of the report is available, with the full reports and attachments available to download below.
Volume 2 of the report contains a detailed analysis across user experience, functions and performance of myGov, the potential future state for myGov to meet the needs and expectations of Australians, and potential actions to get there.
This analysis underpins the panel’s findings and recommendations to deliver intuitive, tailored services through myGov. This aims to ensure no one is left behind in digital service delivery and continue to keep people's information safe.
- Volume 2 (PDF) Detailed analysis of the myGov user audit
- Volume 2 (DOCX) Detailed analysis of the myGov user audit
- Volume 2 – Attachment A (PDF) Boston Consulting Group international analysis
- Volume 2 – Attachment A (DOCX) Boston Consulting Group international analysis
- Volume 2 – Attachment B (PDF) Synthesis of consultation and engagement
- Volume 2 – Attachment B (DOCX) Synthesis of consultation and engagement
The government will respond to the user audit report and recommendations later this year.