Financial support if you’re sick or injured

Find out what support is available if you can’t work for a short time because you’re sick or injured.

Payments while you can’t work

You may get a Services Australia payment if you can’t work or study because you’re sick or injured. You’ll need to provide a medical certificate and other information with your claim.

Find out more about payments you may get.

Payments for COVID-19

There are payments available for aged care providers and people who’ve experienced harm because of the COVID-19 vaccine. Find out more about these payments.

You can no longer claim the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment and High-Risk Settings Pandemic Payment. If you received these payments you need to include them in your tax return. 

Find out more about what government payments and allowances to report on the Australian Taxation Office website.

Other payments

You may be able to get a payment if you have an illness, injury or disability that is likely to persist for more than 2 years. 

Find out about getting support if you have an illness, injury or disability.

Page last updated: 18 January 2024