Government concessions for your home

You may be eligible for grants, loans and concessions to help pay for rates and power bills.

Help with bills

If you need help with paying bills or are experiencing financial hardship, there is help available. Find out more about how to manage bills.

You may also get the Energy Bill Relief Fund if you receive Centrelink payments or have a concession card.

Find out how the Energy Bill Relief Fund applies and other rebates you can get on the website. These links will take you away from myGov.

Help paying rates

You may get a discount to help you pay rates on your house or property. Find out what help you can get on your state or territory website. These links will take you away from myGov.


Rates assistance


Pensioner council rate rebates


Council rates and garbage concessions


Rates subsidy


Cost of living concessions


Council rates concession


Municipal rates concession


Pensioners or seniors rebate

No Interest Loans

You may be able to get a No Interest Loan (NIL) from Good Shepherd to help you with housing costs.

NILs let you borrow money for essential goods, like white goods or car repairs. You pay no interest, and you only repay what you borrow.

Find out more about No Interest Loans on the Good Shepherd website.

Page last updated: 17 January 2024