Link Individual Healthcare Identifier service

Find out how to link the Healthcare Identifiers Service to myGov to manage your Individual Healthcare Identifier.

The Healthcare Identifiers Service (HI Service) is a national system for identifying individuals, healthcare providers and organisations, using a healthcare identifier. You need an Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI) to link the HI service to your myGov account. If you don’t have one you can apply for one through the service.

Read more about Individual Healthcare Identifiers on the Services Australia website.

You'll need to verify your identity to link the IHI service.

Have one of these identity documents with you before you link, as we’ll ask you for information from either:

  • your passport, with your valid Australian Visa
  • your Australian driver licence.

Follow these steps to link the IHI service to myGov:

  1. Sign in to myGov.
  2. Select View and link services.
  3. Select Link on the Individual Healthcare Identifier service tile.
  4. Select I have an IHI to link this service to your myGov account or, I need an IHI to apply for one and then link the service.
  5. Provide your IHI, some personal details and information from one of these identity documents:
    1. your passport, with your valid Australian Visa
    2. your Australian driver licence.
  6. Follow the prompts to link the service.

If you can’t link a service to your myGov account, contact the service for help.

Page last updated: 25 October 2023