Link the Australian Taxation Office
As an individual or sole trader, you can use ATO online services through myGov to manage your tax and super in one place.
Before you link the ATO to your myGov account
Check you have the information you need to link to the ATO on the ATO website.
The ATO doesn’t support Secret Questions and Answers sign in option. If you’re using this, you’ll need to update your sign in option before you can link to the ATO.
How to link the Australian Taxation Office to your myGov account
Follow these steps to link the ATO to your myGov account:
- Sign in to myGov.
- Once signed in, go to View and link services.
- Select Link next to Australian Taxation Office.
- Enter or confirm your personal details.
- Provide answers to 2 questions to verify your tax record.
Find more information about linking the ATO to your myGov account on the ATO website.
What you can do when you link
When you link your myGov account to the ATO, you can:
- manage your personal and employment details
- view your tax information
- lodge and pay your tax
- view, manage and access your super
- view your student loan balance
- manage your lodgements as a sole trader.
Find more information about using ATO online services on the ATO website.
If you’re unable to link
If you can’t link a service to your myGov account, contact the service for help.