Sign in to myGov
You can sign in to myGov by using either:
- your myGov sign in details
- your Digital Identity.
Use your myGov sign in details
You’ll set up a username, password and a second sign in option when you create a myGov account.
Your second sign in option is an extra layer of security to help to keep your myGov account safe.
Follow these steps to sign in:
1. Enter your username and password.
Your username may be any of these:
- the email address you used to create your myGov account
- your 8 digit myGov username, emailed to you when you created your account
- your mobile phone number, if you have it set up as a username.
2. Enter your second sign in option.
Your second sign in option will be one of these:
- an SMS code
- a code from the myGov Code Generator
- secret questions and answers.
You can change your second sign in option.
Use your Digital Identity
- set up your Digital Identity
- achieve a standard identity strength
- connect your Digital Identity to your myGov account.
Find out how to set up and connect your Digital Identity.
Once you set up and connect your Digital Identity to your myGov account, you can use it to sign in.
The next time you sign in to myGov, select Continue with Digital Identity.
Using Digital Identity to access ATO online services
If you sign in to myGov using your Digital Identity and access ATO online services, you:
- need to keep using this sign in option to access ATO online services
- may be unable to access ATO online services through the myGov app.
If you sign into the myGov app using your Digital Identity and can’t access ATO online services, go to my.gov.au and sign in with your Digital Identity.
This only affects access to ATO online services through myGov. You can still access your other linked services in myGov using your myGov sign in details, such as your username and password, or your Digital Identity.