myGov sign in help
I forgot my username
Your username may be one of these:
- your email address you used to register to your account
- your 8 digit myGov username, emailed to you when you created your account
- your mobile number, if set up.
If you can’t remember your myGov username, select Forgot username on the sign in screen. Enter the email address you registered with your myGov account and we’ll send you your username.
I forgot my email address
You can recover an email address, or your myGov username or mobile number, if you've set these up. If you don't know these usernames and you can't remember your email address, or no longer have access to that email address, you’ll need to create a new account.
I forgot my password
Select Forgot password on the sign in screen. Enter your email address, myGov username or mobile number, if you’ve set it up as a username, and we’ll send you a code to sign in.
I can’t access the myGov Code Generator app
If you can’t get a code from the myGov Code Generator app and don’t have a sign in backup, you’ll need to create a new account. If you want to use the same email address as your old account, you can contact us.
I can’t answer my secret questions
If you can’t answer your first secret question, you'll get a different secret question to answer.
Your account will be locked if you enter the wrong answer too many times.
If you can’t answer the question, select I can’t answer my secret question on the Answer your secret question page. You can use Digital Identity to sign in.
I didn’t get my code sent by SMS to my mobile number
If you didn’t get the code sent by SMS to your mobile, you can:
- check your phone signal as there may be poor reception
- try turning your phone off and on again
- try updating the software version on your mobile
- check if your phone has enough storage to receive messages
- check your blocked, junk or spam folders on your phone.
If you can’t get codes sent by SMS, select I didn’t get my code. You can use Digital Identity to sign in.