Managing your super
Use ATO online services through myGov
Using your Australian Taxation Office (ATO) online services through myGov, you can check your super, combine accounts and search for lost super.
To manage super in your ATO online account follow these steps:
- Sign in to myGov and select Australian Taxation Office.
- Select Super.
- Select from the Information and manage options.
- You can check your super balances, find lost super, compare super products, choose a new super fund and transfer your super.
You can also use the ATO app for some of these things. Find out more about the ATO app on the ATO website.
Combine your super
If you have more than one super fund, you can transfer all your money into one fund. This saves you money by only paying fees on one account.
You can combine your accounts using your ATO online account through myGov. You can also use the ATO app.
Find out more about combining your multiple super accounts on the ATO website.
Find lost super
If you’ve changed your name, address, job or lived overseas, you may have lost track of your super. You can search for lost super in your ATO online account through myGov.
If you think you have lost super and it’s not in your ATO online services, contact your previous super funds. If they transferred your money to the ATO, check if the ATO has your correct contact details so they can match it to you.
You can update your contact details in myGov by following these steps:
- Sign in to myGov and select Profile.
- Select Contact details and then Edit on the details you want to update.
- Select Update when you’ve finished adding your details.
Find out more about searching for lost super on the ATO website.
Check your super has been paid
You can check your employer is paying your super by:
- using ATO online services through myGov or the ATO app to see contributions your employer has made to your super fund
- contacting your employer to ask how much they've paid and to which fund
- looking at your member statement from your super fund.
Find out how much super you should get and how to report your employer if they’re not paying your super. These links will take you away from myGov.