Additional Child Care Subsidy for transitioning to work, studying or training

This gives people transitioning to work, study or training extra help with the cost of child care.

Services Australia pays the subsidy to your child care provider to reduce the fees you pay.

Who can get it

To get this payment, you must:

  • get Child Care Subsidy
  • meet the transition to work requirements
  • be within the time limit for each transition to work activity
  • meet family income limits
  • have an active Job Plan, unless you get Austudy, ABSTUDY or Disability Support Pension
  • have an active Participation Plan if you get Disability Support Pension.

You must also get one of these payments:

  • Parenting Payment
  • JobSeeker Payment
  • Disability Support Pension
  • Youth Allowance
  • Carer Payment
  • Special Benefit, if you aren’t eligible for JobSeeker Payment or Parenting Payment
  • Austudy
  • Farm Household Allowance
  • a means tested ABSTUDY payment.

Find out more about who can get it and how much you can get on the Services Australia website.

How to get it

If you don’t already get Child Care Subsidy

You can apply for Additional Child Care Subsidy (Transition to Work) within your Child Care Subsidy claim. The option will only appear if you’re eligible for it.

If you already get Child Care Subsidy

You can claim Additional Child Care Subsidy (Transition to Work) online.

You'll need to link Centrelink to your myGov account, if you haven’t already.

If you don’t have a myGov account

Follow the steps to create a myGov account. After you’ve created one, you can link services to your account.

If you can’t claim online

Call the families line on the Services Australia website.

Help in your language

Call the Centrelink multilingual phone service on 131 202 to speak with someone in your language.

Find information in more languages about Centrelink on the Services Australia website.

Page last updated: 23 January 2024