Child Care Subsidy

This is a Services Australia payment that helps with the cost of approved child care.

Services Australia pays the subsidy to your child care provider to reduce the fees you pay.

Who can get it

To get Child Care Subsidy you must:

  • care for a child 13 or younger who's not attending secondary school, unless an exemption applies
  • use an approved child care service
  • be responsible for paying the child care fees
  • meet residency and immunisation requirements.

Find out more about who can get it and how much you can get on the Services Australia website.

How to get it

Claim online

You'll need to link Centrelink to your myGov account, if you haven’t already.

If you don’t have a myGov account

Follow the steps to create a myGov account. After you’ve created one, you can link services to your account.

If you can’t claim online

Call the families line on the Services Australia website.

You may also be eligible for

You may be able to get Additional Child Care Subsidy, depending on your circumstances.

Help in your language

Call the Centrelink multilingual phone service on 131 202 to speak with someone in your language.

Find information in more languages about Centrelink on the Services Australia website.

Page last updated: 2 February 2024