myGov is a fast simple way to use government services online.
One secure myGov account gives you access to a range of Australian Government services.
A myGov account features:
- secure access to member services using one username and password
- an easy way to link your existing online services through myGov
- one Inbox for your messages from participating member services
These features will continue to grow and develop over time.
The Inbox is a core part of a myGov account. It allows you to receive messages online securely from participating myGov member services. At the moment these are Medicare, Centrelink and Child Support. From time to time, the myGov team will also send messages to your Inbox. Messages may be letters, statements or other types of important information.
This makes it easier for you to access information, when you need it. It also helps reduce the amount of paper you receive, which is a better option for the environment.
An email or SMS notification will let you know when there are new messages in your Inbox. You can change your notification preference in the Inbox preferences section of your account settings at any time.
Using your Inbox is your choice. You can ask your member services to send to postal mail instead at any time.
More Information about the Inbox can be found under need help?
- access to myGov mobile apps
- more myGov member services
- the convenience of being able to update your contact details in one step
myGov, all in one place - one login, one password, one destination.
It's that simple, really.
To find out more, watch the following videos