Financial support if you’re in financial hardship

Find out about government payments and services, accessing your super early and no interest loans.

Payments you may get

You may be able to get a payment from Services Australia to help you if you’re in financial hardship. These links will take you to the Services Australia website.

  • Crisis Payment

    A payment if you’ve experienced an extreme circumstance and are in severe financial hardship.
  • Income support payments

    A collection of regular payments that help you with living costs.
  • Special Benefit

    A payment if you’re in financial hardship and aren’t eligible for any other income support.

If you already get a payment

You may be able to make changes to the way you’re paid to help you manage costs. Some of these links will take you away from myGov.

  • Advance payment

    If you get a Services Australia payment, you can sometimes apply to get part of your payment early.
  • Weekly payment option

    You may be able to get your Services Australia income support payment weekly instead of fortnightly.
  • Centrepay

    A free and voluntary service to pay bills and expenses as regular deductions from your Centrelink payments.

No Interest Loans

You may be able to get a No Interest Loan (NIL) from Good Shepherd to help you with costs.

NILs let you borrow money for essential goods and services, like car repairs or white goods. You pay no interest and you only repay what you borrow.

Find out more about No Interest Loans on the Good Shepherd website.

Page last updated: 27 November 2023